Contract administration involves those activities performed by government officals after a contract has been awarded to determine how well the government and the contractor performed to meet the requirements of the contract. Review the GAO Testimony: "Contract and Project Management Concerns at the National Nuclear Security Administration and Office of Environmental Management" GAO-09-406T, March 4, 2009
1. How would one explicate and evaluate the importance of roles and responsibilities of contracting officers and administrator?
2. How would one explicate and evaluate the importance of improving methods of creating contract schedules.?
3. Utilizing the information in the situation to develop a policy that explains the role that the contract officer should have played in the dealings between the government and the contractor from the time the contract was awarded through completion of the work?
4. Compare the contract administration and project management of the National Nuclear Security Administration and the Office Of Environmental Management and recommend how each agency could have improved its effectiveness in the areas of contract administration and project management.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 19, 2018, 1:57 am ad1c9bdddf
1. In reference to explicating the importance that contract administrators and officers have in the process, look no further than the GAO's declaration within the report of nearly 14 billion in added expenses for the projects as well as 45 additional years for the time schedules initially posited by the contract officers to the administrators. Without competent effective contract administration and officers in control of all the sub-contractors that are affiliated with the project, the wasting of taxpayer funds and time is inevitable. Therefore, extracting from this report the importance of these two players within the grand scheme is not to be underestimated as malfeasance on their behalf has resulted thus far in billions of dollars in wasted money or money that initially was not given for the bid (GAO, 2009).
2. When dealing with the explication of creating a credible and enforceable schedule the GAO has deemed this to be of vital and critical importance ...
The solution discusses contract administration and change issues.