1. Sam needs to get carpet for two rooms of his house. Estimate the number of square feet (square footage) in the two rooms if one room measures 10 ½ feet by 9 ¾ feet; and the other room measures 19¼ feet by 18 ½ feet.
2. Sandra drove for 234.8 miles and used 12.6 gallons of gas. Estimate READ MORE »
1. Apply the slope-predictor formula to find the slope of the line tangent to
y = f(x) = (2x+4)2 - (2x-4)2. Then write the equation of the line tangent to the graph of f at the point (3, f(3)).
I found y first by:
f(x) = (2x+4)2 - (2x-4)2
f(x) = (4x2+16x+16) - (4x2-16x+16) READ MORE »
1. What is a system of equations?
2. Solve for X and Y in the following problems. Show all your work.
a. X + Y= 10 , 3X + Y = 12
b. 2X + 5Y = 19 , 3X + 3Y = 15
c. 4X + Y = 22 , 2X + 3Y = 16
d. 12X + Y = 174 , 8X - 2Y = 36
3. Suppose Bob owns 2,000 shares of Company X READ MORE »
A factory wants the power company to run a special line to the plant. The power company is located 1000 meters down a river on the opposite bank. Ground lines cost $20 per meter. The river is 500 meters wide and underwater line will cost M (M> 1) times as much per meter as the above ground line. Sin READ MORE »
x -2 -1 0 1 2
y .25 .5 1 2 4
Given the table above, graph the function, identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hyperbola, or exponential), explain your choice, and give the domain and range as shown in the graph, and also the domain and range of the entire function.
READ MORE »