Ms. G., a 23-year-old diabetic, is admitted to the hospital with a cellulitis of her left lower leg. She has been applying heating pads to the leg for the last 48 hours, but the leg has become more painful and she has developed chilling.
Using the case study and the information b READ MORE »
1. Due to friction with the Earth's atmosphere, a large static electric charge could build up on our plummeting asteroid fragment. Would you expect our fragment to generate a magnetic field? Explain why or why not.
2. As the fragment falls through the atmosphere, it is heated and some of the m READ MORE »
1. As mentioned before, our asteroid is in the shape of a sphere and has a mass of 1000 kilograms. Determine the density (in grams per cubic centimeter) of this asteroid if its diameter is known to be 1.0 meters. Useful information: 1 kg = 1000 g, 1 m = 100 cm, volume of sphere = 4/3 p r3. Remember READ MORE »
A 42-year-old female presents with metabolic acidosis from starvation.
1. What might be her symptoms in metabolic acidosis?
2. How would her pH, carbon dioxide, and bicarbonate levels be upon presentation if no compensation has occurred?
3. What other conditions may cause metabo READ MORE »
Watch the Part 3 Tort Reform: The Solution or Punishment video. In your opinion, do you think Tort Reform will benefit the patients or the medical practitioners? How will this change effect medical institutions?