The book presents alternative energy options clearly and concisely. Each form of renewable energy is discussed with definitions, the history of use, the present technology being used to harness the energy, the advantages and disadvantages of this energy and the country that is using the energy at pr READ MORE »
- Responses: 38
- eBooks: 1
- BTech, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India, 2002
- MSc, New York Institute of Technology, USA, 2006
- Earth Sciences
Select a prominent business leader who has increased his or her company's sustainable business practices. Briefly describe the steps this leader took to improve the company's sustainability. Among the possible leaders are Nicole Basset of Patagonia, Lorraine Bolsinger of GE, Richard Branson of Virgi READ MORE »
The law of conservation of energy with an explanation of how this law applies to energy use and energy conversions.
Discuss the following topics:
1. The law of conservation of energy with an explanation of how this law applies to energy use and energy conversions.
2. The pros and cons of the following:
â?¢fossil fuel: oil, natural gas, and coal
â?¢Wind powe READ MORE »
What is meant by continuous improvement as it relates to ISO14000. Does there ever come a time when further improvement is not technically or economically feasible?
Explain how ecologic analysis is used to study the health effects of air pollution. Provide examples of uncontrolled factors that may affect ecologic study results
1) Define a generator (40 CFR 260.10) subject to hazardous waste regulations.
2) List each category of generator based on amount of waste generated monthly. Include monthly quantities allowed per category, time limits, and storage requirements. Explain why choosing the correct generator status cou READ MORE »