What is the purpose of formative , summative , and placement assessment methods? When would it be appropriate to use each type of assessment? Why?
- Responses: 6
- BA, McMaster University, 1997
- BSW, McMaster University, 1997
- MEd, Brock University, 2007
- Social Work
Case #2 Sam Addams
Sam Addams is a divorced 67 year old retired attorney with advanced liver cancer. After a long talk with his children and his primary care physician, Sam has decided that palliative care is his only realistic option. Although Sam would like to stay at home as long as possible, READ MORE »
Develop a Teacher Evaluation Instrument. Each practitioner will develop a formal teacher evaluation instrument that has separate components for formative and summative evaluation of individual teachers, self reflection, and an evaluation of teachers' program context within which the teacher works. A READ MORE »
The historical perspective of addiction is often not considered when providing treatment. For this discussion:
- Briefly provide a historical overview of the way addiction has been approached in the past.
- How do you think a therapist might best use this historical perspective to serve the needs READ MORE »
Propose action research that might be carried out by a small group of teachers who want to research teacher evaluations in their school. Include the objectives of the research and a brief outline.