The attached load/extension values were found when a steel specimen was tested to destruction.
1. The stress at the limit of proportionality
2. The yield stress
3. The ultimate tensile stress (UTS)
4. Young Modulus of Elasticity
5. Percentage Reduction in area
6. The percentage elongation
7. State Hooke's Law
Please see attachment for complete question and diagram. Thanks.
The solution displays the answers in easy-to-follow, step-by-step format for calculations, accompanied by written explanations where necessary. It also includes a helpful graph of the given data on a steel specimen's load/extension values so that the reader can visualise the problem better.