1. Which of the following could NOT be a Bronsted-Lowry base?
2. What is the pH of a 0.1M HCl solution?
3. Which is the stronger (more highly ionized) acid?
4. Which of the following acids would be the strongest?
1) Bronsted concept of acid and base is that acid is proton donor and base is OH- donor one more point is that Base is negatively charged. All other choices except NH4+ are bases so the answer is (d). NH4+ is a bronsted acid
2) PH of .1M HCl solution is 1
It is calculated using the equation PH = -log ...
It shows how to determine the acidity of the compounds.