Identify which of the 14 issues is a strength, weakness, opportunity, or threat. Explain.
1. The Center is located within a two-minute walk of the main bus station, and is a fifteen-minute ride away from the local railway station.
2. There is a competition standard swimming pool; although it has no wave machines or whirlpool equipment as do competing local facilities.
3. It is located next to one of the largest shopping centers in Britain.
4. It is one of the oldest centers in the area and needs some cosmetic attention.
5. Due to an increase in disposable income over the last six years, local residents have more money to spend on leisure activities.
6. There has been a substantial decrease in the birth rate over the last ten years.
7. In general people are living longer and there are more local residents aged over fifty-five now than ever before.
8. After a heated argument with the manager of a competing leisure center, the leader of a respected local scuba club is looking for a new venue.
9. The local authority is considering privatizing all local leisure centers by the year 2000.
10. Press releases have just been issued to confirm that Highly Brill Leisure Center is the first center in the area to be awarded quality assurance standard BS EN ISO 9002.
11. A private joke between staff states that if you want a day-off from work that you should order a curry from the Center's canteen, which has never made a profit.
12. The Center has been offered the latest sporting craze.
13. Highly Brill Leisure Center has received a grant to fit special ramps and changing rooms to accommodate the local disabled.
14. It is widely acknowledged that Highly Brill has the best-trained and most respected staff of all of the centres in the locality
Strength is considered to be a resource capability or skill, weakness is a lack of that resource capability or skill, opportunity is an area of buyer's need or favorability of the environmental factor whereas threat is the unfavorability of an environmental factor.
Therefore, an analysis of these issues leads to the classification into strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats is as follows:
1. The first point stresses Accessibility and therefore is a ...
The solution provides the identification of different aspects as strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats of Highly Brill Leisure Center. A brief explanation of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats is also provided.