(Smokey Bail Bond , Smaill Business. Located downtown Dallas)
Critical Issues: Leadership is an important facet of utilizing the Business Process Model, particularly within the "People Phase". Identifying the "type" of leader that will manage and direct the new process or process change after BPM completion is necessary to ensure success.
For the critical issues area of this assignment you will need to conduct research on "Leadership" and answer the following questions:
1. What are the different "types" or "styles" of leadership (name at least three)?
2. Review your BPM up to this point and from the research conducted to answer question #1, identify the specific "type" or "style" of leader that would be the best to ensure process success? Be sure you fully support "how" and "why" the type or style of leader you selected is best suited for this particular BPM project (in other words justify your conclusion).
To successfully answer these questions you will need to conduct research using the library and the internet.
Conclusions/Recommendation: State your conclusions in a concise executive summary.
Yukl (2006) discusses several types of leadership in his book Leadership in Organizations. Included among the different types of leadership discussed are participative, transformational, transacational, servant, and charismatic leadership. Different theories of leadership abound. Below you will find a brief explanation of each of the several styles or types of leadership listed above.
1. Participative leadership involves the leader making subordinates a part of making important decisions. Particpative leaders share their power with their followers, empowering the individual through joint decision-making or consultantion. This type of leadership may also be called democratic leadership. Some scholars think women are more likely to be democratic or participative leaders because they are focused on relationships and processes (Helgeson, 1990).
This solution discusses various styles of leadership. Brief discriptions of participative, transformational, transactional, servant, and charismatic leadership styles are given.
Leadership Styles and the Impact/Role of Followers
In studying leadership, one primary focus is the impact on and by followers. The three styles of leadership are participative, delegation, and empowerment. Each of these styles has a significant effect on followers.
1) Explain how each of these three styles impacts followers in an organization.
2) Provide a description of participative leadership, delegation, and empowerment.
3)Compare and contrast each of these styles by stating their advantages and disadvantages.
4) Identify the appropriate circumstances for using each style by providing one example for each.
5) Correlate the engagement of each style with the effect on the follower.
6) Ascertain the role that the follower plays for leader effectiveness when exposed to each of these three styles.
Thank you.View Full Posting Details