Could you provide your feedback to these International Strategy questions below?
1. My example of a positive risk is that I forecast a certain level of sales but run the risk of underestimating. If I underestimate (especially for a new product) and sales are double what I expected that would be a positive risk, but the negative is that I may not have the capacity to meet that demand? Some of the negative risk is lost sales and future and/or customer retention, (i.e. loyal customer/repeat customer) and companies grapple with this risk constantly when they are determining inventory and staffing, but are these the only things effects by this risk?
2. "Handling risk" which is also "risk response" is mentioned as a part of our risk management plans. Risk response is with respect to determine how we are going to handle the identified risk whether it is corporate, project, tactical or operational. The following are the ways we can choose to address risk:
- Reducing the likelihood an adverse event will occur.
- Reducing impact of adverse event.
- Paying a premium to pass the risk to another party.
- Changing the project plan to eliminate the risk or condition.
- Allocating risk to different parties
- Making a conscious decision to accept the risk.
If a risk is of a high probability and impact you have to do something about it and then do another "Risk Identification and Assessment". Why is this and although avoiding risk is an option, can we really avoid risk?
3. Although one can easily see why political risk would exist in the host country but what about political risk in the home country? Although an argument can be made that there is little or no risk in the home country of a company but does that hold true even if the home country is the US? What are the political risks in the home country?
Positive risk entails the benefits of making it. For example, a person who goes to school will reap the opportunities of getting a job in his or her chosen field. The negative risk is that it may not happen right away; however, he or she will eventually become successful with much patience along the way. This is not an easy task because of the possibility of losing everything one has worked hard for, especially if a recession should occur. As of right now, the recession appears to be ending, but businesses are starting to learn that they can come back to the United States with a reduction in costs with time and labor in order to survive in the U.S.
When it comes to risk, no one really knows for sure what the outcomes will become until after it occurs. Hence, why it is called a risk. The same is true in leadership, or if a person whistle blows in order to make change. No matter what industry someone chooses some level of risk is involved, and this is sometimes hard to decipher at the time because of how complex it is to the human eye and brain. Management can barely fathom it, yet individual's struggle as well. A person can never really know for ...
This solution discussed positive risk, risk response, mitigating risk and politcal risk.