You can get the case study online through the link below. Pages 75-77.
2. How is P&G using collaboration systems to execute its business model and business strategy? List and describe the collaboration systems and technologies it is using and the benefits of each.
3. Why were some collaborative technologies slow to catch on at P&G?
4. Compare P&G's old and new processes for writing up and distributing the results of a research experiment.
5. Why is telepresence such a useful collaborative tool for a company like P&G?
6. Can you think of other ways P&G could use collaboration to foster innovation?
Procter and Gamble is classified as one among the leading producers of consumer goods around the globe. To enhance its success in the business world, Procter and Gamble employs a distributed development strategy. Having in mind that the goal of this company is to create innovative products cost effectively so as to improve their consumers lives throughout the globe while introducing them to a competitive market, Procter and Gamble makes use of a collaborative environment to form a basis for the distributed development strategy. This involved the use of collaborative tools within an environment where all players were included. However, this did not support 3D visual data from being shared easily. To ensure that this problem is overcome, Procter and Gamble considered a Microsoft SharePoint-based technology which acted as leverage to the company's IT infrastructure which was based on Microsoft Technology. Product such as robust visualization was provided (DATAMONITOR 2010).
P&G is using its collaboration systems to execute its business model and business strategy through checking for opportunities such as competitive advantage, and checking for maturity such as the alignment of a service's value proposition ...