Can you help me get started with this assignment?
1) What are the business benefits to Amazon and EBay of opening up some of their databases to developers and entrepreneurs? Do you agree with this strategy?
2) What business factors are causing Google to move slowly in opening up its databases? Do you agree with this go-slow strategy?
3) Should other companies follow Amazon's and EBay's lead and open up some of their databases to developers and others? Defend positions with examples of the risks ad benefit to an actual company.
4) The concept of opening up a company's product, inventory, and other databases to developers and entrepreneurs is a relatively new one. By using the internet, find examples of companies that have adopted this strategy and the benefits they claim for doing so.
5) Opening up selective databases to outsiders is not a risk-free strategy for a company. What risks are involved? What safeguards should be put in place to guard against loss or misuse of a company's data?
Please find guidelines for preparing Unlocking and Sharing Business Databases down below.
Running Head: UNLOCKING AND SHARING BUSINESS DATABASES
Unlocking and Sharing Business Databases
Solution - 1
A database is an incorporated accumulation of information through which we can systematize an access according to the logical structure of the information. Databases have four attributes like aggregation of information, formed with logical structures consist of logical ties within the information and include built- in integrity restraints. By opening up some of their databases to developers and entrepreneurs, Amazon and eBay are getting number of benefits.
With the help of unlocking and sharing databases, the companies had become able in opening up its data vaults under the protection of a project and now they had developers more than 65,000, businesses and other entrepreneurs also have tapped into the data. With this, they are constructing moneymaking websites, new online shopping interface and innovative services for thousands of self-governing sellers. With this other tools are also gaining attraction like Software programs "Seller Engine" is aiding merchant on the main site to transfer their inventory, ensure prices and automate interaction like bestowing new listings.
With all the above discussed benefits, we can confer that the strategy of sharing databases is correct if used appropriately. Five constituents of a database management system; DBMS engine, data definition subsystem, data manipulation subsystem, application generation subsystem and data administration system assists Amazon and eBay in developing their business. This ...