Value Chain Analysis
Task: Provide an outline on value chain analysis and include information on all of the following:
Value chain activities can be grouped into two categories:
- Primary Activities - Those that are primarily concerned with creating and delivering a product (e.g. component assembly)
- Support Activities - Activities (e.g., human resource management) that might increase effectiveness or efficiency
Also, Value Chain Analysis Includes:
- Technology (That which can be used for partnering activities that might add value) to a company's value chain.
- Innovative approaches toward business functions
- Use of the Internet for human resource management (recruitment and management of existing staff), competitive analysis (e.g., collection of intelligence), collection of corporate data for new product development (e.g., internal analysis of sales records to identify potential new products for customers), and increasing responsiveness and effectiveness through the use of Internet technology for customer service and marketing
The solution provides a comprehensive 3120-word explanation of the value chain analysis, including charts, pros and cons as well as cited input from other sources.