1. Why do mosses and ferns both require free water to complete their life cycles? At what stage of the life cycle is the water required? Do angiosperms also require water to complete their life cycles? What are the reasons for the difference?
2. How are cells of a liverwort supplied with water?
3. Flowering plants evolved seeds as a means of _____?
4. What are mycorrhizae? What is the function and identity of each partner in this relationship?
5. he cell wall of fungi are composed of . This same organic compound is found in the phylum of the animal kingdom.
Association of fungi with roots of higher plants is called as mycorrhizae. Funtion of fungi in such association is to provide nutrition and water to higher plants like angiosperm and gymnosperm.