Answer the multiple choice questions. Explain the reason.
1. The most common adhesive glycoprotein in humans is:
a. integrin c. fibronectin
b. collagen d. hyaluronin
2. Action potentials are transmitted along axons without a loss of
d. all of the above
3. Voltage-gated Na+ and K+ channels are refractory because of movement of a(n)
a. channel inactivating segment
b. gate segment
c. inner vestibule segment
d. outer vestibule segment
4. Neurotransmitters released into the synaptic cleft are
a. in some cases degraded
b. generally retrieved by a symport in the synaptic membrane of the presynaptic cell
c. both a and b
d. retrieved by the post-synaptic cell
5. At the axon terminal neurotransmitters are released when:
a. Na+ enters the terminal through voltage gated Na+ channels
b. K+ enters the terminal through voltage gated K+ channels
c. Ca2+ enters the terminal through voltage gated Ca2+ channels
d. none of the above
Here are the answers:
Two most common adhesive molecules are laminin and fibronectin. Fibronectin binds cells to ECM. Fibronectin has multiple binding sites. Fibronectin helps connect the inside of the cell to the outside.
Once the action potential is generated, it remains the same. ...
This solution answers the multiple choice questions related to nervous system of cell biology.