Statistics help: Binomial Random Variable
I need to show all work such as formula commands.
Label the following variables as discrete or continuous and explain why it is so, then verify at least one of the other postings.
a. The number of new accounts established by a salesperson in a year.
b. The time between customer arrivals to a bank ATM
c. The number of customers in Big Nick?s barber shop
d. The amount of fuel in your car?s gas tank
e. The number of minorities on a jury
f. The outside temperature today
g. A person?s height
h. The amount of money a person is carrying
i. Your age
A marketing poll revealed that 45% of Americans say they that they have dinner regularly as a family. You randomly choose 10 American families and ask if they regularly have dinner together as a family.
1. Does this situation meet the binomial requirements? Why or why not? Address the five characteristics in the Key Points.
2. What is the random variable in this problem? i.e., what does X represent and what values can it have?)
3. What is the probability that exactly 4 have regular family dinner?
4. What is the probability that 5 or fewer have regular family dinner?
5. What is the probability that at least 2 have regular family dinner?
6. What is the probability that at most 5 have regular family dinner?
7. What is the mean number of adults out of a sample of 10 that you would expect to have regular family dinner? What is the standard deviation of the distribution?
The solution gives the complete steps of calculating probability of a binomial random variable. Step by step solution is given with interpretations.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)