The answer to Probability and combinations
1) A bag contains 5 apples and 3 oranges. If you select 4 pieces of fruit without looking, how many ways can you get exactly 3 apples?
2) A bag contains 6 cherry, 3 orange, and 2 lemon candies. You reach in and take 3 pieces of candy at random. Find the probability of 2 cherry, 1 lemon
3) A die is rolled five times and the number of fours that come up is tallied. Find the probability of getting the given result. Exactly three fours
5) Find the requested probability. A child rolls a 6-sided die 6 times. What is the probability of the child rolling exactly three sixes?
6) Of the 2,598,960 different five-card hands possible from a deck of 52 playing cards, how many would contain the following cards? All diamonds
7) Solve the problem.How many ways can a committee of 3 be selected from a club with 12 members?
Answers questions on Probability and Combinations.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
Active since 2003