Four charges are placed at the corners of a square, where q is positive
See attached file for graph.
Four charges are placed at the corners of a square, where q is positive. Initially there is no charge in the center of the square.
1) Find the work, W required to bring the charge Qf from infinity and place it at the center of the square.
2) Find the magnitude of the electric force on the charge q when it is placed at the center of the square.
3) Find the magnitude of the total electrostatic energy of the system, U.
4) What is the sign of the total energy associated with the five point charges.
This question has the following supporting file(s):
The solution explains the problem and solves for the answers.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)