Euthyphro - Plato
In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept of piety/holiness.
Read the Euthyphro,
In 750-950 words original only please help me with the following questions.
1. Explain how the concept of holiness emerges in the dialogue and why it takes a prominent position in the conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro.
2. Present the three definitions that Euthyphro uses in his response to Socrates, and then explain how Socrates refutes each of Euthyphro's definitions.
3. Formulate your own argument as to what you think Socrates's goal is in this dialogue. How do you know that is his goal?
4. What features of the dialogue align with your interpretation of his goal?
5. Provide your own definition of piety/holiness and then create a Socratic response/critique of your definition.
6. After you present your definition, take on the role of Socrates and respond to your own definition as you think he would.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
Active since 2007
Responses 2035 | eBooks 1 | Videos 4