Ethics Theories & The Trolley Problems
For this first short paper, read the separate attachment, The Trolley Problems.
1. Please summarize the two Trolley Problems.
2. Apply Kantian ethics to the Trolley Problems. What answers would a Kantian give to the Trolley Problems and why?
3. Apply Utilitarian ethics to the Trolley Problems. What answers would a Utilitarian give to the Trolley Problems and why?
4. Evaluate the relative strengths and weaknesses of Utilitarian and Kantian ethics based on your answers to #2 and #3. If you had to pick one of these two theories to live under, which would it be and why?
This question has the following supporting file(s):
The solution provides advise and insight in tackling the 'trolley problems'. It looks to the task listed in the original problem (see above), provides advise in how to solve them using Kantian and utilitarian ethics. References are listed for further exploration of the topic. A word version of the solution is attached for easy download and printing.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
Active since 2007
Responses 2035 | eBooks 1 | Videos 4