Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
16. Find the slope of any line perpendicular to the line through points (0, 5) and (-3, -4).
20. on page 626
27. Geometry. Floor plans for a building have the four corners of a room located at the points (2, 3), (11, 6), (_3, 18), and (8, 21). Determine whether the side through the points (2, 3) and (11, 6) is parallel to the side through the points (_3, 18) and (8, 21).
Only answer 28, 27 is only used as a reference.
28. Geometry. For the floor plans given in exercise 27, determine whether the side through the points (2, 3) and (11, 6) is perpendicular to the side through the points (2, 3) and (_3, 18).
Write the equation of the line passing through each of the given points with the indicated
slope. Give your results in slope-intercept form, where possible.
6. (0, 5), m =
Write the equation of the line passing through each of the given pairs of points. Write your
result in slope-intercept form, where possible
20. (-1, 3) and (4, -2)
24. (2, -3) and (2, 4)
Write the equation of the line L satisfying the given geometric conditions.
36. L has y-intercept (0, -3) and is parallel to the line with equation y=
40. L has y-intercept (0, 2) and is perpendicular to the line with equation 2x - 3y = 6.
52. Business and finance. In planning for a new item, a manufacturer assumes that the number of items produced x and the cost in dollars C of producing these items are related by a linear equation. Projections are that 100 items will cost $10,000 to produce and that 300 items will cost $22,000 to produce. Find the equation that relates C and x.
This question has the following supporting file(s):
This shows how to write the equations of lines and find slope, including finding parallel and perpendicular lines.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)