Expected return, standard deviation of returns
You have been given the return data shown in the first table on three assets?F, G, and H?over the period 2007-2010.
Year Asset F Asset G Asset H
2007 17% 18% 15%
2008 18 17 16
2009 19 16 17
2010 20 15 18
Using these assets, you have isolated the three investment alternatives shown in the following table:
1 100% of asset F
2 50% of asset F and 50% of asset G
3 50% of asset F and 50% of asset H
1. Calculate the expected return over the 4-year period for each of the three alternatives.
2. Calculate the standard deviation of returns over the 4-year period for each of the three alternatives.
3. Use your findings in parts a and b to calculate the coefficient of variation for each of the three alternatives.
4. On the basis of your findings, which of the three investment alternatives do you recommend? Why?
This question has the following supporting file(s):
Expected return, standard deviation of returns, coefficient of variation for each of three investment alternatives over the 4-year period are calculated.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
- 171414-finance-expected return and coefficient of variattion.xls