Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases Questions
1. Calculate the average kinetic energy of the N2 molecules in a sample of N2 gas at
273K and at 546K.
2. Consider separate 1.0 L gaseous samples of H2, Xe, Cl2 and O2 at STP.
a) Rank gases in increasing kinetic energy.
b) Rank gases in increasing velocity.
c) How can separate 1.0 L samples of H2 and O2 have the same average velocity.
3. Which has the highest value of Van der Waals constant, b?
4. From the Van der Waals constant, a, predict which one has the strongest intermolecular interactions?
This question has the following supporting file(s):
The solution gives detailed answers to kinetic molecular theory questions.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)