Charles' Law, Gay-Lussac's Law & Combined Gas Law
1. What is the final volume of argon gas if 2.50 L at 705 torr is compressed to a pressure of 1550 torr? Assume the temperature remains constant.
2. Calculate the volume of chlorine gas at 20°C and 75.0 cm Hg if the volume of the gas is 1.10 L at 20°C and 95.5 cm Hg.
3. What is the final Celsius temperature if 4.50 L of nitric oxide gas at 35°C is cooled until the volume reaches 1.00 L? Assume the pressure remains constant.
4. A sample of xenon gas at 20°C and 0.550 atm is cooled to a pressure of 0.100 atm. If the volume remains constant, what is the final Celsius temperature?
Combined Gas Law:
5. If a sample of gas occupies 25.0 mL at -25°C and 650 mm Hg, what is the volume at 25°C and 350 mm Hg?
6. A sample of gas has a volume of 1.00 L at STP. What is the temperature in °C if the volume is 10.0 L at 2.00 atm?
Ideal Gas Law:
7. If 1.25 mol of Oxygen gas exerts a pressure of 1200 mm Hg at 25°C, what is the volume in liters?
8. If 0.100 mol of argon gas occupies 2.15 L at 725 torr, what is the temperature in degrees Celsius?
This question has the following supporting file(s):
It provides examples of the applications of Charles' Law, Gay-Lussac's Law & Combined Gas Law.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
- 04 - 02 chem gas law.doc