Basic Finance: Compound Interest, Rate of Return, Annuities
1. Today you borrow $80,000 to finance the purchase of your new sports car. Interest will be 5% compounded monthly. Payments will be made at the beginning of the month. You will repay the loan over 4 years. How much will the payments be?
2 If you borrow $100 and pay back $3600 in 5 years, what annual interest rate are you paying?
3. Find the present value of a $600 payment received at the beginning of every 6 months for 3 years with interest compounded 4% semiannually.
4. You invest $500 at the beginning of each month for 4 years. Interest is 3% compounded monthly. How much is in the account at the end of the four years?
5. Your parents placed $5,000 in a trust fund for you. In 12 years the fund will be worth $10,000. What is the rate of return on the trust fund?
6. Calculate the future value of $7000 4 years from now using a discount rate of 6%. Compound interest quarterly.
7. What is the present value of an annuity that pays $300 semiannually at the beginning of the next 6 years? Use a discount rate of 6%.
This question has the following supporting file(s):
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
Active since 2003