Ethical Issues Facing Wal-Mart
Read Case Study 22, 'Wal-Mart: But We Do Give Them a 10 Percent Employee Discount. Summarize the overall viewpoint of the author. Discuss ethical issues facing Wal-Mart dealing with, 'off-the-clock-work', sexual discrimination, health benefits, the role of unions, the use of undocumented workers, as well as issues relating to child and labor laws.
Review the Questions for thought:
1. Are the ethical issues wal-mart faces really any different from other large retailers?
2. Wal-Mart officials have stated that they don't feel women are interested in management positions at the company. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons to support your answer.
3. Wal-Mart is continually criticized for its health-care policy. Is this really a controversy in the area of business Ethics? Why or why not?
4. Should Wal-Mart be concerned about unionization of stores since allowing unionization of workers in china?
The solution gives 443 words on a case study on Wal-Mart's employee policy and the ethical issues and possible unionization they are facing because of it.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
Active since 2005