Strategic Management and Able Corporation
In six months you are to present a complete business plan for Able Corporation to the strategic officers Steering Committee (SOS-C). Able corporation is a US manufacturing company located in Tennessee that builds power tools, lawn mowers, lawn furniture, microwaves and ranges. All products are manufactured locally and sold through large retailers like Sears, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. They have sale papers inserted in every Wednesday and Sunday paper. Although they have a thriving business in the US and Canada, Able is trying to break into the Global marketplace.
What I need help with are the following questions:
As a preliminary step in the preparation of the business plan, brainstorm the major elements of the strategic management process.
* How would you go about defining the identity of Able Corporation and creating its mission Statement? Where would you look for the information? What do you know about Able that can help?
* What principle would you use in order to prioritize the implementation steps needed to accomplish the strategic objectives?
* What post implementation and feedback mechanisms would you have in place to evaluate the effectiveness of the process? What measures would you use?
* What legal or ethical issues, if any, need to be considered?
This solution provides an example of a mission statement, information that is used to prioritize the implementation steps needed to accomplish the strategic objectives, the post implementation and feedback mechanisms used to evaluate the effectiveness of the process, and potential legal or ethical issues. Supplemented with two highly informative articles.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
- Posting 39990.doc
- Performance Measures2.doc
- Studio67_Live Sample Report.pdf