1. Consider the following hierarchy of waste management technologies in decreasing order of preference:
1. Waste reduction
2. Reuse of material
3. On-site recycling
4. Off-site recycling
5. On-site treatment or incineration
6. Off-site treatment or incineration
7. Land disposal
What are advantages and disadvantages of each of these methods of waste management? How may these methods be applied to manufacturing and service industries? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
2. What is e-waste, and how do electronics companies in different countries manage it? What is the cradle-to-cradle philosophy, and how may it be applied to e-waste? How does cradle-to-cradle benefit a business and the local community? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
This solution provided the advantages and disadvantages of each method for waste management, and also discussed how e-waste is used as well as the crade-to-cradle philosophy.
This answer includes:
- Plain text
- Cited sources when necessary
- Attached file(s)
Active since 2010